My second wedding this year and my second time at the stunning Orchardleigh. I met the happy couple, Lucy and James, for the first time at Lucy’s friend’s wedding back in 2010. The ceremony was held at All Saints Church in the village of Lullington and afterwards the married couple drove to the venue in a vintage Ford Cortina. The weather was stunning the whole day, which is pretty amazing for March, and all of the guests enjoyed the reception drinks outside Orchardleigh House.
As you can see from the wedding pictures lots of the guests were from Scotland – after the first dance a Ceilidh band called Dawntreader entertained the guests on the dance floor.
It was great to be part of their big day. A huge thank you to Lucy, James and their friends and family for being such warm hosts.
Make sure you scroll down to the bottom of the post for Lucy’s advice about planning your Wedding!
What advice would you give brides who are planning their wedding?
1. Set a budget and work towards that, work out what is important to spend more money on and where can you make your own things to keep cost down, example get a quote from your local printer as they are always cheaper. We use Greyhound Graphics.
2. Serve your wedding cake as the dessert…it saves loads.
3. Find local trades, like Martin, who are the most competitive and keep local businesses running.
4. Investigate recommendations…they tend to be the best ones.
5. If family or close friends have a skill, ask…for example, singing or sewing.
6. Be organised…but not a bridezilla!
7. Less is more!